Sodium selenite pentahydrate 0.332 mg /2 mL, sodium selenite pentahydrate 1.66 mg /10 mL
colorless and transparent liquid in a white plastic container
Selenium supplementation in selenium-deficient patients who cannot be supplemented by nutritional supplementation.
As selenium, take 100 μg (2 mL ) per day, and the dose can be increased to 200 μg (4 mL ) with selenium per day.
Hold the oral liquid in your mouth for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then swallow it slowly.
Airtight container, room temperature (15~25℃)
[Change of Permissions (Reevaluation in 2012) Drug Management Division-9301, 2013.12.30]
1. The following people should not take this drug.
1) Patients with hypersensitivity to this medicine or its components.
2) Infants under 12 months of age.
3) Selenium toxicity patients.
2. Do not take the following medicines while taking this medicine.
Since reducing agents such as vitamin C may precipitate this drug, it should not be taken together with this drug.
3. The following people should consult a doctor, dentist, or pharmacist before taking this drug.
1) Patients with cardiac/circulatory dysfunction.
2) Patients with renal impairment.
3) Patients with hypoproteinemia.
4) Pregnant women or women who may be pregnant (Clinical studies have not been conducted on pregnant women, and high
concentrations of selenium There is a report that administration caused fetal malformations.)
5) Nursing mothers (Selenium is found in the form of selenium protein and selenium enzyme in breast milk.)
4. In the following cases, stop taking this drug immediately and consult a doctor or dentist. , consult your pharmacist.
1) If there is no improvement in symptoms after taking it for about 1 month.
2) If there are symptoms of dermatitis, sweat, odor, hair loss, impatience, or vomiting during breathing.
3) In case of allergy.
4) In case of overdose, an acute symptom of garlic odor may occur, fatigue, nausea, diarrhea and abdominal pain may occur. In addition,
chronic overdose may affect the growth of nails and hair, and may lead to polyneuropathy of the peripheral nerves.
In case of overdose, gastric lavage, inducing urination, or taking high doses of vitamin C should be performed. At this time,
dimercaprol should not be used as it may increase selenium toxicity.
5. Other precautions when taking this drug
1) Follow the prescribed dosage.
2) Use this drug for oral use only, not for injection.
6. Precautions for storage
1) Keep out of reach of children.
2) Avoid direct sunlight and store in a cool place with little moisture if possible.
3) Taking medicines out of their original containers and storing them in other containers may cause accidents due to misuse of medicines or
deterioration of the quality of medicines.